Wednesday, 4 September 2019

Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt

Minister of Youth and Sports, Mr Sunday Dare has condemned the recent Xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa.

We had previously reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze by South Africans.

A viral video sighted on Monday also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

Reacting to the development on his verified Twitter handle, the Minster called on the South African government to act now or have itself to blame.

“The most recent xenophobic attack on Nigerians is unacceptable and condemnable. These attacks now a routine expose the ugly underbelly of the South African system. The South Govt better stem this whirlwind now or it will have itself to blame”, he wrote.


No comments:
Write comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

IPOB Can’t Attack Me Outside Nigeria - Ngige

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has said members of the Indigenous People of Biafra cannot attack him outside Nige...

Recommended Posts × +